Monday, July 20, 2009

Letter from Jane about David's trip to Haiti

"My" David is taking a trip to Haiti to go back to the
the orphanage which he helped build and lived at from
age 8 to about 12. He asked me if I could get
together any clothes for kids or adults that he
can take with him. I have him checking on size of
boxes he can check and cost. I don't know how he
is managing to do this, but I think it is a good
thing and would like to support him in wanting to
do something for someone else. Sue, maybe the kids
or you have something they could bring up on the
25th. P4P, could we help him in some way? Keep in
mind that this is Haiti, not Wisconsin. He is
leaving August 5th so this is immediate. I am also
going to try to take the one solar cooker I have
left apart for him to take to the orphanage. I am
asking the young men at CAP services if they could
do this. He needs a ride to Milwaukee on the 4th.
just mentioning this in case anyone is going.

I just found out David can only check one bag to Haiti.
It can weigh 50# so if anyone can help...

Here is what David had to say about his family:

"i have a brother who's over 6'2 ft tall.... another
5'11 (over that) and a sister thats bigger and
about 5 nephew and nieces
boys and girls, toys and clothes, tooth brush,
food, books, anything for kids and adults... all
brothers and sisters are older then me so they
all over 30 years of age.... some donation of
money would be great but i mostly want stuff
that i could take down there ok, thanks
i am not sure on their sizes and what's not....
anything you can think a person could use would
be great, shoes would be great too any sizes what
they do not need can be taking to the orphanage."


Jane


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home